Created by Jessica Krauss on February 27, 2017
A heart-healthy bowl of fiber-packed oats! Oatmeal – it’s like a warm hug early in the morning. During the school week, it can often be a time crunch to make a breakfast that is a) satisfying and delicious, b) healthy, and c) filling and energizing to last you until snack time or lunch. Breakfast bowls,...
- Prep Time: 5m
- Serves: 1
- Yield: 1 bowl oatmeal
- Category: Breakfast
- 1/2 c Quaker's old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 c water or milk
- 1 tbsp. 100% maple syrup
- 1/2 c mixed berries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/4 c mixed raw nuts and seeds
- Combine oats and water or milk and stir to combine. Microwave for 2 - 3 minutes. If you prefer not to use a microwave, heat milk or water over low-heat until simmering. Add oats and stir until liquid is absorbed and oats are fluffy.
- Once oatmeal is cooked to your liking, add in mix-ins and toppings.
- Enjoy while hot!