Created by Jessica Krauss on February 26, 2017
Vegetarian & gluten-free Asian-inspired side dish One of my favorite recipes to re-invent are classic comfort and take-out foods, but without the added sodium, thickening agents for sauce, and refined carbs and sugars. This 100% vegetarian and gluten-free side dish is a twist on fried rice. It looks so similar, you won’t even know you’re...
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 10m
- Total Time: 20m
- Category: Side Dishes
- 1 head of cauliflower OR 1 bag of pre-made cauliflower "rice"
- 1/2 c peas (of your liking; can be chopped green beans)
- 1/2 c carrots, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, mined
- 1 egg (optional)
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. low-sodium, gluten-free soy sauce
- If using a head of cauliflower, wash and break into small flowerettes. Add cauliflower pieces to a food processor and pulse until pieces become grainy, like rice. Should not take longer than one minute. (If using pre-made “rice,” omit this step)
- Heat sesame oil over medium-low heat in a large skillet.
- Add cauliflower and cook for about 1 minute. Add other veggies and stir to combine. Cook altogether for 2-3 minutes.
- Making a ring with the vegetables, around the edge of the skillet, add scrambled egg to the center and cook through. Stir into vegetable mixture. (Omit this step if not using eggs)
- Add soy sauce and continue to stir well.
- Cook for a couple minutes longer.
- Great to simply eat alone or paired with any Asian-inspired meal.