Created by Jessica Krauss on February 26, 2017
Zoodles > Noodles all day everyday I am head over heels in love with the spiralized veggie trend. Zucchini and yellow squash, sweet potatoes, beets, carrots, and apples are some of the more popular vegetables and fruit to be used in inspiralizing ways. Zoodles (aka: zucchini noodles) are a personal fave as a replacement for Italian-style pasta dishes....
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 30m
- Total Time: 40m
- Serves: 4
- Category: Main Meals
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 yellow onion, chopped OR 1 cup carrot, celery, onion mix pre-chopped (found at most grocery stores)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium zucchinis OR 1 container pre-spiralized zucchini (found at most grocery stores)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 c tomato basil sauce (my favorite is Rao's Tomato Basil Sauce)*
- 1/4 c parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste (optional)
- Over medium heat, drizzle olive oil in a large skillet. Once hot, add chopped vegetable mixture and garlic. Saute until fragrant, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add ground turkey to the pan and cook through, until mostly browned.
- Season with salt and pepper. Add spiralized zucchini, tomato sauce, and cheese, and combine so sauce and cheese are evenly distributed over food.
- Turn heat down to low, cover, and let simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Serve in individual bowls, sprinkle with desired toppings, and enjoy while hot!
- * If using store bought sauce, make sure all ingredients are real and recognizable. Rao’s and Cucina Antica are my personal favorites.