Created by Jessica Krauss on March 22, 2017
25g of Protein-packed and 13g of Fiber-rich pasta! FINALLY! Companies are creating delicious pastas made with beans, lentils, and other protein-packed, fiber-rich, low-carb alternatives to the starchy white pasta we’ve all come to know and love. I’m here to introduce you to the newer, cooler, and slimmer pasta love of your life: Banza Chickpea Pasta. Even my...
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 20m
- Total Time: 30m
- Category: Main Meals
- 1 pkg Banza chickpea pasta
- 1 pkg Bilinski's all-natural chicken meatballs (or sausage)
- 1 pkg pre-spiralized zoodles (or 2-3 zucchinis to spiralize yourself)
- 1 large carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 large celery stalk, finely chopped
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 c all-natural tomato basil sauce
- 1/4 c shredded cheese (optional)
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Once hot, add chopped carrots, celery, onion, and garlic. Sauté for about 3 minutes, or until aroma is flavorful and vegetables start to soften.
- While veggies are sautéing, bring a pot of water to boil. Add chickpea pasta to boiling water and follow cooking instructions on package (About 8-9 minutes).
- Add chicken meatballs to veggies and toss for 2-3 minutes to heat through. Add spiralized zucchini, sauce, optional cheese, and toss altogether. Turn heat down to low, cover, and let it all just hang out.
- Once pasta is cooked through, drain water and add pasta to the pan with zoodles and meatballs. Toss everything together, sprinkle with cheese (optional), and serve.