Created by Jessica Krauss on March 15, 2017
Dreaming of summer? Let this smoothie transport you to that warm, tropical weather and slim you down while getting there. Not only are the fruits notoriously tropical, but they are full of slimming benefits. Pineapple. Bromelain is a compound found in pineapple, known to help aid digestion, and as a result boost metabolism. This sweet fruit is...
- Prep Time: 2m
- Cook Time: 1m
- Total Time: 3m
- Serves: 1
- Category: Smoothies
- 1 c water or milk (Coconut water or Almond Breeze unsweetened almond-coconut milk would be great options)
- 1/2 banana (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 c mango, diced (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 c pineapple chunks (fresh or frozen)
- 1 tbsp. unrefined, organic coconut oil
- 1 c organic baby kale
- 1 scoop protein powder (of your choice) (optional)
- handful ice if fruit is not frozen, to ensure your smoothie is nice and cold.
- Place all ingredients in a blender (my favorite for smoothies: the MagicBullet by NutriBullet).
- Blend well for about 1 minute or until desired consistency.
- Pour into a glass and garnish as desired (optional).