Created by Jessica Krauss on March 14, 2017
High-protein, low-sodium tacos Today isn’t just any ordinary snow day – it’s Taco Tuesday! The only logical meal to cook on a day like today are slow-cooked, shredded chicken tacos (or taco bowls). Let the whole house (or apartment, where the living room/dining room/kitchen are essentially the same room, in my case) fill with the...
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 6h
- Total Time: 6h 10m
- Serves: 6
- Category: Main Meals
- 1 lb chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 c organic, low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tbsp. homemade taco seasoning
- 1 bell peppers, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 pkg brown rice
- Wash and chop vegetables.
- Place chicken breasts at the bottom of a crockpot or slow cooker.
- Add vegetables, taco seasoning, and pour chicken broth over the top.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Once chicken is fully cooked, use two forks to shred.
- Cook rice according to package. Build your tacos or taco bowls any way you prefer, using desired toppings such as avocado, salsa, sour cream, cilantro, or shredded cheese.