Created by Jessica Krauss on April 20, 2017
The perfect post-workout breakfast: 28 grams of lean protein! For so long, I was a morning workout person and looked forward to the meal I would have afterwards. However, ever since starting a job that requires a shift in my schedule, my workouts are now in the late afternoon and my weekday breakfasts are simpler,...
- Prep Time: 5m
- Cook Time: 5m
- Total Time: 10m
- Serves: 1
- Yield: 1 waffle
- Category: Breakfast
- 1/2 banana
- 1 tbsp. unsweetened, vanilla almond milk
- 1 scoop vegan vanilla protein powder
- 2 organic, medium eggs
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- In a blender (I love my NutriBullet), combine all ingredients. You can also go the old-school way and mash the banana than whisk in other ingredients and combine well.
- Once waffle iron is heated to desired setting, pour in batter and cook accordingly. **Because this is not a traditional waffle batter, I had to spray the waffle iron with coconut oil cooking spray and increase the heat to the "4" setting (out of 5). Cooking specifications may vary depending on your waffle iron, so do not get discouraged if your first try does not come out as expected.**
- Top with desired (and healthy) toppings. These include mashed berries or other sliced fruit, yogurt, 100% pure maple syrup, or melted nut butter.