Created by Jessica Krauss on June 2, 2017
A Summer BBQ Staple, with a fresh and fruity twist Avocados are all the rage lately. And I am ALL for it! Avocado toast, avocado smoothies, avocado brownies, and of course the classic – guacamole. With Summer just about here, we’ll be attending more BBQ’s and outdoor parties, snacking poolside or at the beach, while...
- Prep Time: 5m
- Cook Time: 5m
- Total Time: 10m
- Category: Seasonings and Sauces
- 2 ripe Hass avocados
- seeds from 1/2 a pomegranate
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 3 basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1 lemon or lime, juiced
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. ground sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Begin by washing, chopping, and prepping all your fruits and vegetables.
- In a large bowl add ripened avocado and use a fork to make until mostly smooth and creamy. It does not have to be perfectly smooth. Scooping up a nice chunk of avocado is the best!
- Mix in red onion, pomegranate seeds, and basil. Stir until just combined.
- Squeeze lemon juice and add seasoning. Stir well.
- Enjoy with crunch veggies or whole grain tortilla chips!