Created by Jessica Krauss on October 9, 2017
Easy, grain-free, super delicious french toast There’s nothing like a comforting breakfast to make a gloomy and humid NYC morning a bit more brighter. This french toast took maybe 10 minutes to whip up and was incredibly satisfying. With tart, crunchy apples on top and the extra cinnamon-y taste, it was a true Fall breakfast.
- Prep Time: 5m
- Cook Time: 5m
- Total Time: 10m
- Serves: 1
- Yield: 2 slices french toast
- Category: Breakfast
- 2 slices Ezekiel (or grain-free) bread
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp. unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Optional toppings: chopped fruit, real maple syrup, pumpkin pie spice
- Combine egg, almond milk, and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Heat a pan over medium heat, melt ghee, butter, or use non-stick cooking spray.
- Dip bread into egg batter, carefully let extra batter drip off, and place in pan. Cook 2-3 minutes on each side, or until each side is golden brown and fully-cooked through in the middle.
- Enjoy with your choice of toppings, like chopped fruit, a drizzle of pure maple syrup, and/or a dash of pumpkin pie spice.