Created by Jessica Krauss on November 9, 2017
High Protein, High Fiber, Low Carb Pasta! I found it – the golden ticket! The solution to any (okay – most) problems. Creamy. Pumpkin. Pasta. Sauce. Healthy? Check. Comforting? Check. Fall classic? Check. Quick and easy to cook? Double check. Everyone will love because it resembles mac and cheese? Check!!!! I love eating seasonally, and...
- Prep Time: 5m
- Cook Time: 15m
- Total Time: 20m
- 1 box pasta, of your choice (I like Banza Chickpea Pasta)
- 1 c pure pumpkin puree
- 1 c full fat coconut milk (with cream from top of the can)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 lb ground turkey (optional)
- black pepper (to season)
- salt (to season pasta water)
- parmesan cheese (optional)
- optional toppings: sage, roasted pumpkin seeds
For the Creamy Pumpkin Sauce
- Mix 1 cup pumpkin puree and 1 cup coconut milk (make sure to use the cream that's on the top of the can) in a bowl. Stir together well and set aside.
For the Pasta and Turkey
- In a pot, bring water to a boil and season generously with salt.
- Add pasta to boiling water and cook following instructions on the pasta box.
- In a large pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add diced shallot and garlic cloves and lightly sauté. Once fragrant (about 2-3 minutes), add ground turkey meat and cook through.
- Once turkey meat is cooked through, add pumpkin sauce and combine well. Turn heat down to low and cover.
- Once pasta is cooked, drain and combine in large pan with turkey and sauce. Stir well, season with black pepper, and top with parmesan cheese and/or other tasty toppings.
- (Optional) Serve over dark, leafy greens, such as spinach or arugula. Enjoy while hot!