Created by Jessica Krauss on May 15, 2018
Sweet and Tangy Chicken for Taco Night Find me one person who doesn’t enjoy a build-your-own taco bar and I bet I can change their minds. With endless toppings and vibrant flavors, tacos never have to be the “same old, same old” dinner. This no-mess, easy clean-up chicken recipe also means there doesn’t have to...
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 25m
- Total Time: 35m
- 1 lb chicken breasts (appx. 3-4 breasts)
- 1 red bell-pepper, sliced and diced
- 1 red onion, sliced and diced
- 1 mango, diced into smaller and larger chunks
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 c salsa (preferably organic, look at ingredients!)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 avocado, sliced (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- On four separate sheets of tinfoil, place sliced bell pepper, sliced red onion, and the larger mango chunks.
- Add 1 chicken breast to each tinfoil square and season with salt and pepper, minced garlic, and a squeeze of fresh lime juice.
- Top each chicken breast with 1/4 - 1/3 cup salsa.
- Close up each tinfoil pocket and place pockets on a baking sheet. Bake in the oven for 20 - 25 mins. Once cooked through, pull out the baking sheets and open the tinfoil pockets. Place baking sheets under the broiler for 1-2 minutes to crisp up chicken.
- Enjoy the Mango Salsa chicken in a variety of ways: in a taco shell, over rice or quinoa, over grilled vegetables or a salad, and/or served with a side of tortilla chips and fun toppings.