Make your health and your family’s health a priority!
- Better understand how diet affects your child’s symptoms such as: hyperactivity, allergies, fatigue, and more.
- Break free from prescription and OTC medications.
- Receive an individualized nutrition and wellness program: including a custom meal plan and grocery list based upon your family’s unique dietary needs.
- A personalized program with goals and resources; not a one-and-done visit.
- Learn lifestyle tips that are accessible for the whole family to implement.
- Gain confidence, balance, and happiness, leading to overall success at home, in school, and in life.
Does having a personal health coach actually work?
Back to Top ↑
Yes! Research in the field is on the rise, and there are numerous clinical studies that have already demonstrated positive health outcomes for individuals who work with health coaches in areas such as chronic disease management and prevention.
- Carmona-Teres et. al. (2015) concurred that the first line of treatment for chronic pain and inflammation should be non-pharmacological. “Including weight loss, physical activity and self-management of pain. Health Coaching has been defined as an intervention that facilitates the achievement of health improvement goals, the reduction of unhealthy lifestyles, the improvement of self-management for chronic conditions and quality of life enhancement.”
Research has also proven the cost-effectiveness of health coaching, often a major concern for new clients.
- Investing in a health coach, promotes lasting improvements on one’s overall quality of life. Resulting in little to no chronic issues, increased physical activity, socializing, which improves mental and emotional health, and an overall positive impact on one’s wellbeing. Thus, a client needs fewer doctor visits and pays fewer medical bills (Carmona-Teres et. al., 2015).
Most importantly, health coaching has been proven as essential for children in learning the proper tools to combat childhood obesity and prevention of other chronic diseases, which may manifest later in life.
- “In 2012, more than one-third of children and adolescents were overweight” with a body mass index on average in the 85th percentile for age and gender (Rice, K. et. al., 2016). Those numbers are well above a healthy and normal range for being able to live a long and healthy adult life.
- Rice, K. et. al. (2016) found that families who worked with a health coach for weight loss and management goals for their children reported many positive outcomes. Including: setting feasible goals and providing motivation to accomplish those goals in a desirable timeline; consistently identifying appropriate resources for the family to use on their own time; and providing a personalized meal plan and assistance in finding healthy options at food stores.
Overall, research has demonstrated that health coaches provide three critical elements in their services to clients: customized support and encouragement; nutritional guidance; and access to resources. Take priority of your health and your family’s health, and the lifestyle gains will be exponentially more meaningful than the financial costs.
Batlle-Gualda, E., Berenguera, A., Carmona-Terés, V., Gobbo-Montoya, M., Jodar-Fernández, L., Lumillo-Gutiérrez, I., Mas, X., Moix-Queraltó, J., Pujol-Ribera, E., & Rodriguez-Blanco, T. (February 2015). Effectiveness and cost-effectivness of a health coaching intervention to improve the lifestyle of patients with knee osteoarthritis: cluster randomized clinical trial. BioMed Central.
Cheng, J., Jabour, S., Jumamil, R., & Rice, K. (June 2016) Role of health coaches in pediatric weight management: Patient and parent perspectives. Clinical Pediatrics Journal, 1-9. DOI: 10.1177/0009922816645515
Do you want to have a happier and healthier relationship with your body and with food?
Welcome to the right place!
I have worked with children, adolescents, and teenagers of all backgrounds. With diverse home lives, varied interests and hobbies, dietary restrictions, learning and/or physical differences; but all have one common goal: They are ready for a change!
I am so glad you are here. Together, we will help you rediscover your most confident, truly happy, and most healthy self.
Most popular: The Total Transformation 6-month Program
Has your child been wanting to . . .
Improve his/her eating habits?
Understand his/her body better?
Make self-care and self-confidence a priority?
Boost self-esteem in social settings?
Experience an increase in overall happiness?
The 6-month program is for your child and your family!
- We meet 2x a month (once every other week) for 45-minutes. This program includes:
- One-on-one coaching with me, complete with phone and e-mail support in-between sessions.
- Resources to use outside of our scheduled sessions.
- Personalized recipes and grocery list, specific to your child’s and/or family’s dietary needs.
- 1x kitchen clean-out.
- 1 grocery store or farmer’s market tour.
* various payment plan options available
Are you looking for a re-boot to your family’s health and wellness goals?
Are you looking for some inspiration in the kitchen?
Is your child looking for support when out with friends or help navigating the school cafeteria?
If you are not ready to commit to a total transformation program, but your family could use a little help, one or both of these a-la-carte options are great for the whole family. (Note: both are included when you sign-up for the 6-month program).
- Kitchen clean-out Includes: custom grocery list and recipes that reflect your family’s dietary needs and restrictions.
- Grocery store tour or Farmer’s market visit and shopping assistance.
Group Counseling and Classes
- Children’s yoga instructor, certified by Kidding Around Yoga through the Yoga Alliance
- Jessica is trained in “Kidding Around Yoga tm.” Kidding Around Yoga is a style of Yoga that was created by Haris Lender, ERYT 500, RCYT, YACEP. KAY encompasses the 5 branches of Yoga in a clear engaging method. A typical KAY class gets the children singing, dancing, skipping, marching, jogging, shaking, laughing, hopping, limbo‐ing, and storytelling ALL while practicing authentic Yoga to original KAY music. It is SO much fun your kids will LOVE it! More information about Kidding Around Yoga can be found at KiddingAroundYoga.com.