5-ingrdients to Protein-packed Pancake Perfection!
Weekends to me mean sleeping in, cozy mornings with a yummy home cooked breakfast, and then on with my day – usually that means a workout, errands, food prepping, and spending time with family and friends. Whatever your weekend brings, it’s important to start the day with an energizing & nutrient-dense breakfast.
Since my weekday breakfasts are often on-the-go options like yogurt with berries or an oatmeal bowl, I thoroughly enjoy the process of cooking something extra special and extra delicious on the weekend. That doesn’t have to mean indulging. Protein pancakes, or protein waffles if you have a waffle iron, are the perfect balance of sweet and healthy. They feel like a treat with all the benefits of being packed with real, nutrient-dense ingredients. Some of the nutritional benefits of these pancakes include:
Protein, protein, protein. That’s 17 grams to be exact from clean sources like almond milk, egg whites, and vegan protein powder.
Low calorie. One serving is 147 calories. Depending on your optional mix-ins and toppings, this will change your calorie intake.
Happy Weekend my little clementines. xoxo
- Prep Time: 5m
- Cook Time: 5m
- Total Time: 10m
- Serves: 1 person
- Yield: 3 pancakes
- Category: Breakfast
5-ingredient protein pancakes
- 1 tbsp. Milk (of your choice; I prefer unsweetened almond milk)
- 1/2 banana, mashed
- 1/4 c liquid egg whites
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I prefer Viva Vanilla Vega Protein Smoothie)
- 1 tsp. cinnamon (optional)
- Optional mix-ins like chocolate chips, berries, or banana slices
- In a large bowl, mash banana until smooth.
- Add almond milk and egg whites and stir well.
- Add protein powder, cinnamon, and other mix-ins. Stir until well combined.
- On a lightly greased (I like unrefined coconut oil cooking spray) pan, over medium heat, use a 1/4 cup measurement to pour out mix.
- Flip pancakes carefully after 2-3 minutes, or as edges star to bubble and turn golden brown.
- Drizzle with organic 100% maple syrup, melted nut butter, or other preferred toppings, and ENJOY!