Created by Jessica Krauss on April 3, 2017
Dark Chocolatey, Moist, Gluten-free Banana Muffins packed with Protein. I feel like I need to set the record straight: just because I am a health coach, does not mean I never enjoy a treat. I hate, like seriously seriously hate, the idea of dieting or restricting myself. I find that the more we feel we...
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 25m
- Total Time: 35m
- Yield: 12 muffins
- 1 1/2 c almond flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 egg
- 1/4 c honey
- 1/2 c plain greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1 tbsp. unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 c dark chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 12 cup muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray, I like coconut oil cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add bananas, honey, vanilla, oil, egg, milk and yogurt to a blender. Blend on high for 1 minute or until well combined, smooth and creamy.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Gently fold in chocolate chunks. **The key here is to not over mix**
- Divide batter evenly into muffin tin and bake for 25 minutes. **For similar size muffins, use an ice cream scoop to divide batter**
- Cool muffins for 5 minutes then remove and transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.