Created by Jessica Krauss on June 28, 2017
Flavor-packed Grilled Vegetables It’s summertime, and the livin’ is easy (insert smiling, sunglass wearing emoji). If you’re looking for the perfect side dish to accompany your burgers, dogs, and drumsticks for your July 4th BBQ, look no further. These grilled vegetable kebabs will grab everyone’s attention. Colorful, flavorful, and easy to prepare, these grilled vegetable...
- Prep Time: 20m
- Cook Time: 10m
- Total Time: 30m
- Category: Side Dishes
- 1 Red vegetable: red bell pepper, cherry tomatoes, baby red potato
- 1 Orange vegetable: orange bell pepper, sweet potato, carrot
- 1 Yellow vegetable: yellow bell pepper, yellow squash, corn, pineapple
- 1 Green vegetable: green bell pepper, zucchini, avocado
- 1 Blue/Purple vegetable: eggplant, red onion, baby blue potato, purple sweet potato
For the vegetable marinade
- 1/4 c olive oil
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
For the pineapple marinade
- 1/4 c honey
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- Wash and chop all your vegetables. If using potatoes or sweet potatoes be sure to boil them before preparing for the grill.
- If using pineapple, prepare each marinade in two separate large bowls. Place all your chopped veggies/pineapple/potatoes in the designated bowls, mix well, and cover. Keep in fridge until you are ready to grill.
- Heat grill to medium heat and spray with cooking oil. Place vegetables on skewers, in rainbow order if desired. Grill on each side for 5-7 minutes.