Created by Jessica Krauss on January 31, 2018
Healthy and Hearty Turkey Chili Lazy Sunday’s are my favorite! I sleep in, stay in comfy clothes all day, have a movie or tv marathon on in the background, and make my way through meal prepping in the kitchen. But the laziest lazy Sunday is slow cooking my meals for the week. This past Sunday...
- 1 tbsp. avocado oil
- 1 lb organic ground turkey
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 bunch kale, off the stalk and chopped into ribbons
- 1 15 oz. can, organic black beans
- 1 15 oz. can, yellow corn
- 1 14 oz. can, organic crushed tomatoes
- 2 c organic chicken bone broth (or stock of your choice)
- 3 tbsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- For toppings: avocado, shredded cheese, sour cream, tortilla chips, hot sauce, cilantro, jalapeño peppers
- Over medium heat, heat avocado oil and sauté peppers and onion for five minutes, or until soft and fragrant. Add ground turkey and cook through until lightly browned.
- Add ground turkey, peppers, and onion to the slow cooker. Next, add kale, corn, black beans, and tomatoes. Combine well.
- Next, add seasonings and mix together well. Lastly, add bone broth or stock, stir gently one more to combine all ingredients.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.