Created by Jessica Krauss on November 4, 2017
A Halloween treat with no tricks How do you like your pumpkin spice? A) in your coffee. B) in your scented candle. C) in your dessert. D) all of the above. Pumpkin spice from the first day of Fall through Thanksgiving! Pumpkin flavored foods and drinks may seem “basic,” but when made with real pumpkin,...
- Prep Time: 15m
- Cook Time: 30m
- Total Time: 45m
- 2 c whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 can, pumpkin puree (15 oz)
- 1/2 c honey or maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 c chopped apple
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl mix the dry ingredients; flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and baking powder.
- In a medium bowl mix wet ingredients; eggs, pumpkin puree, honey, and olive oil.
- Gently fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Mix until just combined, do not over stir.
- Fold in chopped apples.
- Line with baking cups or spray muffin tin. I like to use an ice cream scoop to equally fill each muffin cup. Bake 25 - 30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.