Created by Jessica Krauss on December 20, 2017
Chestnuts roasting on an open fire . . . Well, okay, more like cashews, almonds, pecans, and walnuts roasting in the oven. If sweets aren’t your thing, but you’re still looking for a healthy snack and/or dessert alternative for the holidays, look no further! These roasted nuts are the perfect combination of spicy and slightly...
- 2 c roasted, unsalted cashews
- 2 c roasted, unsalted almonds
- 1 c pecans
- 1 c walnut halves
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tbsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. Himalayan pink salt
- 2 tbsp. honey
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F
- In a large bowl, combine all the nuts and 1 egg white. Make sure all the nuts are well coated.
- Add spices to nut mixture and combine well, so spices are evenly distributed.
- Add honey to nut mixture and combine well.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and pour out nut mixture. Making sure to evenly distribute across pan in a single layer.
- Bake for 45 minutes, tossing halfway through for even roasting.